1. GOODREADS: The biggest book site (owned by Amazon, with lots of rules). Integrates with Kindle. Offers networking with friends, book challenges, book catalogue, giveaways and lists.
After setting up as an Author and reading the guide, then you can consider a giveaway in your country. Goodreads now charge $119 for giveaways. Give away only as many new books as you can afford to pay for. Review not guaranteed nor might it be good.
2. LIBRARYTHING: One of the first book cataloguing sites, with over 2.2 million members. Networking, free book giveaways.
3. BOOK CROSSING: A book sharing site. Leave a book post of yours there, and look up books you find.
4. LITSY: Phone app only. An ‘Instagram for books’ (not as big though!). Book reviews, book photos, social networking.
6. If eBook on Draft2Digital – Different tools include: Reading lists and Universal Book Links + set up Author Page. (Books2Read newsletter)
Create Reading Lists. Sign up at Books2Read: https://books2read.com/
Reviews: Free Options
Australian Books+Publishing publish reviews in industry newsletters destined for Australian library buyers, bookstores, and reviewers. Must apply 3 months prior to publication.
See this page: https://www.booksandpublishing.com.au/review-submissions/
BookBuzz + NetGalley Offer: Great for Global Audience
This offer means your listing is checked online and the data is sent to 50 book reviewers, 100 bookstores, 3 PR sites, etc.
NetGalley is a place where book reviewers (trade or amateur) go to find pre-release books to read and blog/write about. 6000 reviewers.
IBPA Members can also access a US$199 listing (3 months) in NetGalley.
Note: ‘NetGalley direct’ pricing starts at $450.
BookBuzz Social BookFunnel offer for free or on sale books is US$50 – saves time doing it all yourself from scratch. Set up a Mailchimp list too, to start off your email list.